Our next season, 2019-2020, will be our 75th anniversary serving the Southern Tier of New York and the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania. We want the season to be something very special, and we need great directors like you to help make that happen.
As we did last year, we are proposing a list of potential shows for prospective directors to choose from:
- "Jekyll and Hyde", music by Frank Wildhorn, book by Leslie Bricusse, and lyrics by Wildhorn, Bricusse and Steve Cuden, depicts the classic battle between good and evil!
- "Urinetown" by Kreg Kotis and Mark Hollmann about a future when you have to pay to pee!
- "Nana's Naughty Knickers" by Katherine Di Savino about a senior citizen running an illegal lingerie shop catering to senior citizens!
- "Dearly Beloved" by Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope and Jamie Wooten about a wedding disaster.
- "Death Trap", an intense murder mystery by Ira Levin
- "The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940" by John Bishop, whose title tells all!
We hope to choose one show from each of categories above for our three-show season. You may choose to submit a show to direct that is not on this list, but priority will be given to those that submit requests from this list.
Please fill out the following questionnaire and send it back to us via e-mail or the US Post office. The deadline for submissions isJanuary 10, 2019. The play selection committee may request follow-up meetings with some directors to clarify their proposal or vision. A final decision may not be reached until performance dates are confirmed with the Clemens Center (which may be as late as mid-April). Also, a valid email address is required for any prospective directors to apply.
Thank you for your time and interest. We look forward to working with you.
Elmira Little Theatre Play Selection Committee
Julia Lavarnway, Mike Lavarnway & Janice Slocum
Please fill out this form and email or mail to:
PO Box 761
Elmira NY 14902
Interested? Email email@example.com for more information